God still heals today

>> Sunday, March 14, 2010

One of my old friends, whom I met at my old workplace, one day told me that he was dying. Undaunted, I asked for more information. He told me that he had stage two lung cancer, and was due to last until the end of the year of 2008. He said that his doctor told him that surgery was a 20% survival, and would cost S$500,000. He was crushed. That was the moment I believed that I was placed in his life for a reason. I took the time to befriend him, spent time hanging out with him, having mealtimes and sharing my life with him. I strongly believed that God heals still today, and I started fasting and praying for his healing by God. I knew that God was going to work a miracle in his life, and I got my cell group to fast and pray for him. Then the unthinkable happened: the doctor whom he had been following up on, was killed in a horrific road traffic accident. I was shocked! And I recalled asking God, but here God was silent. I kept praying, convinced that God was to move mightily in his life, and very soon. A few days later, he received a call from the clinic, saying that there is a new doctor in the clinic, and he was reviewing his files, and would like a follow up with him. That night, we prayed more fervently than ever before, believing in Christ our healer. The doctor, upon seeing his lung scans, revealed that lung cancers were his speciality forte, and his experience says that his lung cancer can be totally cleared with a simple operation, with 80% success rate and for a low, low fee of S$20,000 which can be claimable under insurance. Hallelujah, God heals and turns sticky situations around! We were so happy, so, so happy and I can still remember that we celebrated after his operation in some Chinese restaurant where we ate some noodles cooked in peanut butter or something. God is here today, and He still heals! Unfortunately, this friend fell away from church, from Christ, but a good thing is that God doesn’t revoke His gifts: my friend is still alive today, two years after being told he was to die in end 2008! God is good, and He heals!

0 comments: